Opinkivi Sauna is located in Seminaarinmäki, next to Student Union Building Ilokivi. Good transportation connections. Read the instructions and book online.
Opinkivi sauna – authentic sauna atmosphere in the heart of Jyväskylä
An atmospheric sauna that accommodates even larger groups and a luxurious Jacuzzi in the back patio of the sauna for year-round use. Whether you are having a bachelor party, a birthday, a bridal sauna, a gathering of friends, or a group of co-workers or students relaxing after a work week, you will enjoy your time with us! Unforgettable experiences for both foreign guests and local groups.
See the calendar and book now!
Good to know about Opinkivi Sauna
Opinkivi Sauna prices 1.6.2023 onward:
- Rent for Opinkivi Sauna: €220
- Opinkivi Sauna for JYY members: €140
- Jacuzzi outdoor hot tub with sauna reservation: €80
- Jacuzzi outdoor hot tub with sauna reservation for Student Union JYY members: €60
- Towels with sauna reservation: €25 (20 pieces) or €45 (45 pieces)
The Opinkivi sauna prices have been increased due to a rise in the maintaining expenses.
- The sauna and meeting room together can accommodate a maximum of 50 people.
- For meetings or dinners, there are seating places (table + chair) for 17 people at the long table.
- The terrace has 12 seating places.
- There are a total of 8-10 seating places on the sofas (2 in total).
- For an additional fee, there is an outdoor Jacuzzi hot tub (6 spots, overfilling can damage the tub).
- Opinkivi sauna is available for reservations from 16 on on the day of reservation.
- The space can be occupied until 03.
- Staying overnight is not allowed.
- The sauna is warm from 6pm to 11pm.
You receive a PIN code for the door upon reservation
Your access code to the sauna is the reservation code (PIN) you have received upon the reservation. The code is valid on the day of the reservation from 16 to 23.59. After this, the door cannot be opened with the code. If you stay longer than 23.59, be sure that a member of your party is always inside to allow others in.
You can bring your own drinks and beverages to Opinkivi sauna (also alcoholic ones are allowed on Opinkivi)
The responsibility for cleaning on Opinkivi sauna is detailed in the terms and conditions. Read the terms and conditions with care.
The cleaner’s fees will be invoiced to the booker based on the actual hours worked if the cleaning conditions have not been followed.
The terms and conditions will be revised from 1.8.2022 onwards. The conditions are available on the Soihtu webpage from this link.
How to make a reservation for Opinkivi sauna:
Opinkivi Sauna can be booked by individuals.
- JYY members can authenticate themselves with their student number, which will display member prices.
- If you are not a JYY member, click directly on the “Book now” button to make a reservation at the regular price.
- The calendar displays available days in light gray. The bottom of already booked days appears in purple.
- For an additional fee, you can reserve an outdoor hot tub or towels.
- You can also request a shorter sauna heating time when making a reservation.
- The reservation is paid for immediately in the booking system. Our operator is Paytrail.
- Upon making a reservation, you will receive a confirmation email to the address you provided, as well as a message containing the PIN code that is your access code to the space. Make sure you receive both messages. Also, check your spam folder.
Please note that sauna heating and outdoor hot tub usage are not possible on the day of the booking, and their reservation must always be made no later than the previous weekday at 2:00 p.m.
The closest parking spot without obstacles for movement is located on the left side of the Opinkivi entrance.
The entrance to the space is accessible, but the door is heavy to handle.
There is an accessible toilet in the space. Access to the meeting room may be hindered, especially for larger wheelchairs, due to a narrow passage (80 cm) at the end of the corridor.
The sauna room is accessible, and the shower area on one side is designed for people with disabilities.
Animals are not allowed in the space to ensure accessibility for people with allergies.
Opinkivi sauna facilities
For a meeting
- 17 seats seated at the table
- Two comfort sofas
- 12 seats on the patio
- Accessible entryway and toilet with disabled access, however note a narrow spot (80 cm) in the hallway that prevents access for a large wheelchair
- Reservation time until 3 a.m.
- You can bring your own drinks, there are two tall refrigerators for them
- Coffee maker and kettle
- Stove and convection oven
- Dinnerware for 50 people
- PA system, play music directly from your smartphone or computer
- Video projector
- Projection screen
- Digital television adapter
- Visitor Wi-Fi
- The sauna is divided in two parts with a partition that can be opened
- Possibility to rent towels
- Heated Jacuzzi – outdoor hot tub in the back patio of sauna
- Sauna seat covers are available in the changing rooms
- Bring your own hygiene products
- Sauna heating from 6pm to 11pm
Pictures from Opinkivi sauna
Opinkivi’s sauna is located on the street level of the Opinkivi building, near the entrance to Ilokivi Venue, at Keskussairaalantie 2, Jyväskylä.
Opinkivi reservation terms and conditions
The valid terms for reservations are upkept at Soihtu webpage (link below).
In Opinkivi Sauna reservations made 1.8.2022 – 31.5.2023, the following price list is followed:
- Opinkivi sauna price 210 €
- Opinkivi sauna for JYY members 130 €
- Outdoor Jacuzzi added to sauna reservation 70 €
- Jacuzzi outdoor hot tub added to sauna reservation for JYY members 40 €
- Towels 20 pcs / 20 € or 45 pcs / 40 €
Keep in mind at Opinkivi Sauna
- The space allows bringing your own drinks and food.
- Animals are not allowed in the space.
- No overnight stays are allowed in the space.
- The door code is valid until 23:59, after which the door can only be opened from the inside.
- The booker is responsible for cleaning, equipping and supplying the space, complying with the rules and regulations, and ensuring health and safety in the space.
- The outdoor hot tub must not be emptied – it is maintained by Soihtu Property Management.
- Please take the trash to the waste shed when leaving (when leaving from the Opinkivi sauna, the large metal door is on the right). Returnable bottles must be taken by the booker to a collection point or left neatly packaged near the sauna’s exterior door, not in the waste shed, where there is no collection bin.
- Only tea lights on a safe surface may be burned in the space. For safety reasons, no candles may be burned on the hot tub, its surface, or the terrace.
- Please note that sauna heating and hot tub use are not possible for same-day bookings, and their reservation must always be made by 2:00 PM (14:00) on the previous business day.
- The current booking terms can be found on Soihtu’s website via this link.
- Lost and found items: Clothing, towels, and other lightweight lost items left in the sauna or elsewhere in Ilokivi are collected on weekdays in the Ilokivi lunch restaurant’s lost and found box. The lost and found boxes are emptied monthly. For electronics and other valuables, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, title it “Opinkivi lost and found” and provide as much detail as possible about what was lost and where.